domenica 7 agosto 2011

Poem: Through all of Nature in Search of Peace

PEACE IN MY HEART

I pondered upon this inestimable splendour
A pearl preciously scintillating in glamour
From the Heavens proceeds this great wonder
A boon prerequisite for harmony I amply ponder
Streaming from the highest heights in abundance
Given for humankind but neglected in ignorance.

‘Peace’, I figured unified nature in complexity
Stupefaction pervaded my being in perplexity
Decided must I encroach upon nature to extract
This pearl humanity to unite, not to distract,
Forth went I into the wider universe to loom
Really determined to bring down peace in boom.

I got to the planet Mercury and overly gaped around
Its tenuous atmosphere could not to my quest abound
Then to the extreme brightness of Venus, I proceeded
Swung with its retrogade direction, wished I succeeded
And far further into Mars’ icy structure in persistence
I searched untiringly for peace, sturdy in confidence.

With determination I got to Jupiter on procession
Glided through its internal heat surface in obsession
Further past Saturn’s brilliant rings I boldly ascended
Until Uranus’ loosed surface grisly got me suspended
Though discouraged I was, yet I drifted auspiciously
In the search for ‘Peace’ which I ventured audaciously

Darker in the solar system I advanced beyond
While accosting comets and asteroids in a bond
I reached Neptune searching on its blue steepness
And swayed through its stormier blocs of darkness
Then deeper into the dark icy heart of Pluto I went
My mission unsuccessful, I laid mute, still could vent

Pulsating in a near frustration my way I found
Back to our earth dogged to begin another round
Course committed into adventure I ably went
Searching through the globe in entirety unbent
I blasted and stormed the mountain vastness
Sliding earnestly through the valley steepness

I flew in the air like a bird and was sturdily resolute
Searched the freshness of the wind, ha! It was absolute
Like a fish I swam in the ocean’s candid munificence
Searched through its bottom and the sea’s fluorescence
As through the golden release of sunrays still I roamed
The mercurial complexion of moon-rays got me enfoamed

Fruitlessly exhausted and steeped in fatigue I halted
To worthily reappraise my mission as not to be faulted
In the stillness of my meditation came a voice so tender
“Why search for me outside, when I in your heart render?”
Lo came the realization that I went about searching in vain
For ‘PEACE’, a pearl which was already in my heart to gain

Search your hearts the floodgates of peace to open
Let peace flow out through you like a river shaken
To spread into all deserts, captives to give freedom
And unto all islands, harmony to restore minus random
Peace, the worthy key to a happy fraternity inexpressible
Expels all evil, virtues restore, human freedom responsible

Let the moon give’way its light in grave disarray
The sun its radiance may forfeit in utter dismay
Let the deep blue seas loose their brine exhaustively
The mountains their heights may shed causatively
I fear not, for peace in my heart flourishes in earnest
And must reign supreme, eternal happiness to invest.

-  Stan-William Oshiozekhai Ede
   11th April, 1999

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento